Fifth Annual High Horsepower Natural Gas Event
Takes Place at McCormick Chicago October 11-13:
‘What Was Once Theory Is Now Becoming Practice’
The fifth edition of the High Horsepower (HHP) Summit – the only conference and exhibition dedicated to the use of natural gas as a fuel for improving the economic and environmental performance of large engines across the major markets, takes place October 11-13 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
The HHP Summit brings participants get detailed knowledge about natural gas as a fuel for equipment operators wishing to reduce their costs, improve their environmental performance, and comply with air quality regulations.
It is the only gathering serving the common interests of the various HHP sectors. Marine, rail, mining and energy E&P operators all need the latest information on engine and equipment technology and availability, on the markets for fuel and fuel delivery systems, the issue of compressed versus liquefied natural gas, and regulatory and policy issues.
“Since its inception, the HHP Summit has served as the official meeting place of high horsepower industry stakeholders to discuss the opportunities and challenges offered by natural gas in high-fuel use operations,” says organizer (and HHP Insight publisher) Gladstein, Neandross & Associates.
The GNA team draws on insight gathered from more than 20 years of clean transportation and energy consulting experience. “We’ve worked side by side with high horsepower and natural gas innovators to pioneer North America’s largest and most forward-thinking clean fuel projects,” the company says.
‘No Longer Conceptual’
“The past few years have shown us that this is an idea whose time has certainly come,” GNA says: “discussions are no longer conceptual, and what was once theory is now becoming practice.
“Early adopters of natural gas technologies are realizing the tremendous synergies that exist across the marine, rail, mining, drilling, pressure pumping, and stationary power generation sectors,” GNA notes.
“By collaborating to drive infrastructure development, technology and engine advancements, and the creation of up-to-date regulations and policies, all high horsepower sectors stand to benefit economically.”
HHP Sector Updates
GNA has prepared brief reports citing key examples of natural gas utilization:
The three-day HHP Summit conference will provide insight on:
- Innovative supply chain solutions that are being developed and implemented from the northern Yukon territories to the Caribbean to support projects well beyond the reach of a traditional natural gas pipeline;
- recently identified opportunities to deliver LNG to 23 power generation and 58 industrial customers in Canada’s North, projects that will result in $2.1 billion in cost savings and more than 11 million tonnes of CO2 emission reductions;
- insight from end-users on the challenges, benefits, and considerations associated with the development of an off-pipeline natural gas remote power generation and industrial projects;
- how ongoing environmental regulations, carbon programs, and sustainability initiatives will continue to drive investments in natural gas technologies across the marine, rail, mining, E&P, and off-pipeline industrial sectors;
- an overview of the progressive and comprehensive training programs being implemented to ensure personnel safety and achieve operational success and maximum project results; and
- efforts to supply lower carbon LNG to the HHP market via innovative LNG production plants powered by renewable energy and the use of renewable natural gas (RNG) sources.
HHP Summit 2016 value registration ends October 7.
HHP Summit info, Alexis Wiley, 310-573-8552 or 310-314-1934 (GNA main); or toll-free 888-993-0302; [email protected]Click here to purchase a premium subscription.
Source: GNA/Gladstein, Neandross & Associates with HHPi follow-up