E&P Sector Faces Substantial Impacts from EPA Rule
Organizers of HHP Summit 2016, working with exhibitors Caterpillar and Cummins, are preparing a special workshop on the U.S. EPA’s Tier 4 regulations governing E&P operations. Full implementation of the rule is imminent, “and the impacts on drilling and pressure pumping operations will be substantial” as operators in the U.S. and Canada have approximately one year to purchase Tier 4F-compliant equipment.
The Tier 4F regulation is, they note, a “cliff event.” It will affect expansion of operations, make for increased complexity, and will provide an avenue for activists to target operators who continue to use Tier 2 engines.
The Tier 4F workshop will help participants
- understand how natural gas power can provide an effective and cost-efficient compliance solution;
- understand how Tier 4F emissions retrofit requirements will impact equipment already operating in the field;
- dismiss common misconceptions around the continued use of Tier 2 engine technologies;
- learn about mandatory Tier 4F retrofit requirements already being put into place in the Marcellus, Bakken and elsewhere via Sustainable Shale Development programs;
- gain knowledge on the advantages, disadvantages, and overall Tier 4F compliance considerations; for the various technology options, including dual-fuel, dedicated spark gas, and retrofit;
- understand the challenges and opportunities in managing noise, power, fuel efficiency, exhaust after-treatment, and fluids/fuel delivery and storage on the well pad; and
- plan for and effectively manage all of the potential impacts of the Tier 4F rule.
HHP Summit 2016 takes place October 11-13 at McCormick Place in Chicago. It is organized by HHP Insight publisher GNA – Gladstein, Neandross & Associates.
The Tier 4F workshop is slated for the afternoon of Thursday, October 13.
HHP Summit 2016 value registration ends October 7.
HHP Summit info, Alexis Wiley, 310-573-8552 or 310-314-1934 (GNA main); or toll-free 888-993-0302; [email protected]Click here to purchase a premium subscription.
Source: GNA/Gladstein, Neandross & Associates with HHPi follow-up